One way to combat this reality and stay on track with your nutrition is to plan ahead. Instead of letting hanger get the best of you, keep a healthy low-carb snack on hand.
These nutty, cinnamon-spiced granola bars take less than half an hour to make and are perfectly transportable. Keep a bar or two stashed in your bag or pack them into a lunch box and you’ll always have a nutritious, tasty and homemade snack to reach for.
Bonus: these bars are 100% kid-approved!
HOW TO MAKE LOW-CARB GRANOLA BARS
You only need four, yes four, ingredients to make these easy low-carb granola bars:
- Almond or peanut butter. Feel free to use your favorite kind of nut butter. Smooth is better than chunky for easy mixing. Just make sure it’s unsweetened and low-carb!
- Egg. This helps bind your bars together so they hold their shape well. It also adds extra protein and fat to your snack.
- Vanilla extract. This adds a touch of warming vanilla flavor to compliment the cinnamon. If you don’t have any vanilla on hand, you can still make these bars without it or use a different extract, like almond.
- NuTrail Cinnamon Pecan Nut Granola. Our spiced nut granola is packed with pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut chips for a tasty blend of healthy fats and flavors.
After you let the bars cool fully, you can slice and store them at room temperature for up to four days. For longer storage, pop the granola bars into an airtight container and keep them in the freezer for up to three months. Then simply defrost a bar overnight and grab it for a snack in the morning.
OTHER FLAVOR GRANOLA BARS
If you want to mix up the flavor of your homemade granola bars, you can easily swap the cinnamon nut granola for any of our other low-carb-friendly flavors. Cacao or Vanilla Strawberry are both great options!
All of our granolas are sweetened with monk fruit and made with premium nuts, seeds and spices for optimal flavor and nutrition.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
¼ cup smooth almond or peanut butter
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups NuTrail Cinnamon Pecan Nut Granola
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the nut butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add the granola and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish. Use a piece of parchment paper to flatten the dough into a flat, compact layer.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until set in the center and golden on the edges. Remove from the oven and let the bars cool in the pan before slicing.
If you’re ready to give these healthy granola bars a try at home, have our low-carb Nut Granola delivered to your door. Or find a NuTrail retailer near you.