Keto Fish Finger Sticks Recipe
These crispy and nutty Keto Fish Finger Sticks are a kid-friendly meal that’s easy to make with NuTrail Cinnamon Pecan Nut Granola.
We love quick and easy meals around here, and these crunchy granola-crusted fish sticks are one of our go-to weeknight dinners.
The flaky fish is coated in almond meal, eggs and Nut Granola for a flavorful and ultra-crisp dish ready for dunking into your favorite sauces.
How to Make Keto Fish Sticks
This recipe shows that our nut granola is not just for sweet dishes. Here, you’ll love the sweet and savory flavor our granola brings to the dish.
Not to mention, this is an easy gluten-free and dairy-free recipe that happens to be low-carb.
You only need five simple ingredients to make these keto fish sticks:
- Cod fillets. You can use any other firm white fish or even salmon for extra healthy fats.
- NuTrail Cinnamon Pecan Nut Granola. You’ll blend this into a coarse meal to make the perfect nutty coating for your fish sticks — no extra seasoning required.
- Eggs. These help bind the breading to the fish.
- Almond meal. A base coat of almond flour on the fish helps everything stick together and adds to the rich, satisfying flavor of the meal.
Pan-Frying Fish Sticks
Once you’ve breaded your fish using the three-bowl method (almond flour, eggs, then granola), you’re ready to quickly pan-fry these fish sticks. Use a neutral oil like canola or avocado.
And because the fish is crusted with nuts, it’s important not to crank the heat too high.
If your oil is smoking, you may risk burning the nuts on the outside before the fish can cook all the way through.
For best results, keep the stove no higher than medium and keep a close eye on the fish sticks while they cook. They should be golden and crisp after about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
These pan-seared fish sticks are ready for dunking in your favorite low-carb sauces.
You can use a quick keto tartar sauce made with sugar-free mayo and minced pickles, or your favorite sugar-free marinara or hot sauce. A squeeze of fresh lemon juice is a must.
Ready to try these crispy pan-fried keto fish sticks for dinner tonight? Find our nut granola at a NuTrail retailer near you!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 pound cod fillets (or another firm white fish)
1 cup NuTrail Pecan Nut Granola
2 large eggs
½ cup almond flour
2 tablespoons avocado oil, plus more as needed
For serving: parsley, lemon wedges, keto tartar sauce, sugar-free ketchup or marinara sauce
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels and slice into strips about 1 inch long.
2. Place the granola in a food processor or blender and pulse into a coarse meal. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt. In a third bowl, place the almond flour.
4. Dredge the fish first in the almond flour, then in the egg, and then in the granola. Coat all sides well and shake off any excess from each bowl.
5. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, gently add the fish sticks to the pan in a single layer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden.
6. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with parsley.
7. Serve with lemon, keto tartar sauce or sugar-free ketchup.
Sign up to receive NuTrail updates.