This Low-Sugar Pecan Granola Apple Crisp is the ideal warming and toasty dessert for the fall and winter.
Made with Granny Smith apples and NuTrail pecan granola, this treat is easy, low-sugar, low-carb and so delicious.
There’s nothing like pulling a freshly baked homemade apple crisp out of the oven to impress guests.
And even if you’re serving eaters who aren't carb-concious, they’re guaranteed to be satisfied–and amazed–by this sweet, crunchy, and nutty treat.
They won’t even miss the sugar and flour in a typical apple pie!
NuTrail — Shop Our Granola
Ingredients for Pecan Apple Crisp
Here’s what you need to make this crowd-pleasing dessert:
- Granny Smith apples. You can use another kind of apple if you like, but tart green Granny Smiths hold their shape and flavor well when cooked.
- Low-Sugar Sweetener. Feel free to use your favorite granulated sweetener. We like monk fruit.
- Cinnamon. A dash in the filling adds a wonderfully warm flavor to the crisp.
- Salt. To help balance the sweetness.
- Orange zest. This is an amazing secret ingredient that brings out the natural sweetness and flavor of your apples.
- NuTrail Cinnamon Pecan Granola. This is the one-ingredient keto crisp topping you need to finish off the dish!
Tips for Making the Crisp
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making this simple dessert:
- Cut the apples into uniform pieces that aren’t too small. Otherwise, you might end up with a mushy pie filling.
- Stir together your filling thoroughly before adding it to the baking dish to avoid any clumps of sweetener.
- Be sure to grease the baking dish first to make cleaning up easier.
- If your oven runs hot, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil or a lid after adding the granola topping. Nuts can brown quickly!
NuTrail — Low Carb Granola
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or granulated sweetener of choice
1½ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 cups NuTrail Cinnamon Pecan Granola
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch square baking dish.
- Place the apple slices in the baking dish. Add the sweetener, cinnamon, salt, and orange zest and toss to coat the apples fully.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the apples start to soften.
- Stir the apples and sprinkle the granola on top. Cover the dish and bake for another 20 minutes, until the apples are soft and bubbly. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve this warm apple crisp fresh out of the oven with a scoop of coconut whipped cream or low-sugar ice cream.
More Low-Sugar Dessert Recipes
Try this other homemade low-carb treat next:
- Granola cheesecake bites are adorable two-bite treats with a tangy cream cheese filling and granola crust.
Pick up a bag of NuTrail Cinnamon Pecan granola at a store near you to try this low-carb crisp for yourself, and be sure to let us know what you think!
Join our Keto Community on Instagram & Facebook.
Sign up to receive NuTrail updates.