Tuna and Glazed Walnut Sandwiches Recipe
These unique Tuna Salad Sandwiches have a subtle sweetness from NuTrail glazed walnuts. They make the perfect healthy lunch for the office, school or home.
Tuna salad is a classic for a reason. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be improved upon!
This version of tuna salad has a sweet, crunchy addition from glazed low-carb walnuts.
Whether you serve it between slices of bread or on crackers, you can’t go wrong with this healthy, keto-friendly tuna salad.
Ingredients for Glazed Walnut Tuna Salad
The ingredients for this simple deli-style salad are familiar and easy to find. Here’s what you need:
- Greek yogurt. Make sure you’re using plain, unsweetened yogurt for a delicious tangy flavor. Full-fat yogurt will give the richest, creamiest flavor.
- Dijon mustard. If you’re not a fan of Dijon, you can use any mustard you like. Or skip the mustard altogether.
- Capers. These add a nice briny pop of salty flavor to the salad. You could also use chopped pickles or relish.
- Lemon juice. To help brighten up the salad and cut through the creaminess of Greek yogurt.
- Tuna. Choose any kind of canned tuna that you like.
- Mini bell pepper. You can use a full-sized bell pepper, just chop it nice and small so it mixes into the salad evenly.
- NuTrail glazed walnuts. This is the secret ingredient to subtly sweet and crunchy tuna salad.
- Tomato and lettuce to line your sandwiches, if you like.
Can I Make Walnut Tuna Salad Ahead of Time?
Certainly! You can make this salad and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
If you’re making sandwiches, wait until just before serving to assemble the sandwiches with bread. Otherwise, your bread is likely to get soggy.
How to Serve Tuna Salad
You can serve this tuna in so many delicious ways. Go for the classic tuna salad sandwich with two slices of toasted bread.
Or make a quick wrap. You could also bring your favorite crackers and spread the tuna on as you eat.
For a keto-friendly take, fill crunchy romaine lettuce leaves with tuna salad. Or spoon it over a fresh green salad loaded with vegetables.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 mini bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced Nutrail glazed walnuts
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thinly
- 2 pieces lettuce
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard, capers, and lemon juice. Add the tuna, bell pepper, and walnuts. Break up the tuna with a fork and stir to combine.
- Toast the bread. Assemble the sandwiches by topping two slices of toast with tomato, then tuna salad, lettuce, and the remaining pieces of toast.
More Keto Recipes
Try these other low-carb recipes with NuTrail products next:
Grab a bag of our glazed walnuts to enjoy this crunchy and unique tuna salad for lunch this wee!